Energy goes where attention flows. If you continuously focus on lack, that is what you will attract. Forget about saving gratitude for Thanksgiving ( a man made holiday). Gratitude everyday! Don’t forget to double the gratitude when you get to where you’re trying to go. It’s even more crucial then.
Love and Light,
I hope everyone had a great week! Despite perceived obstacles always remember that you have a choice to manifest your reality and whatever that reality is it’s a work in progress. Every day is a chance to move closer to that reality. Start with self care.
If you don’t take care of yourself, you are doing not only yourself but others around you a disservice. These steps are only a guide. Use them at your own discretion and tweek where necessary. It’s for inspiration purposes.
If you follow me on Instagram, you’ll see that I’ve been participating in a twelve day yoga challenge. This was one of the best decisions I’ve made all year! It has motivated me to keep that appointment with myself everyday.
I’m not only improving my total wellbeing (yoga is perfect for mind, body,soul alignment) but the wellbeing of my family as well. When I’m out of alignment, they have to deal with it. I prefer being aligned not only for me but for them. If we don’t take responsibility for ourselves, nothing will improve. It’s in our own hands.
What we do and how we react not only affects us but those we come into contact with; especially those we care about the most. If everyone took the time to practice more self care the world would be a much better place but we cannot control what everyone else does. We can only control what we do.
Love and light,
“And she always had a way with her brokenness…She would take her pieces and make them beautiful…”~R.M. Drake
When faced with difficult circumstances sometimes we’re left feeling incomplete. That feeling often leads to depression, anxiety and other emotional issues. When left untreated or not addressed, these issues eat away at our spirit. Some describe the feeling as being broken. In a way you are because you’re out of alignment with your spirit. Spirit gives you life.
Those feelings you get are an indication from your spirit that it needs healing. The hope lies in your ability to heal yourself. Healing is possible and most certainly can resolve feeling broken. What matters is not that you’ve been broken but how you put the pieces back together.
I admire those who manage to endure the unimaginable yet they come back stronger than they were before. Think of Tina Turner aka Anna Mae Bullock and how she overcame drug addiction and physical abuse. She found freedom through meditation after being introduced to Buddhism by a friend. Tina found a way to put the pieces back together right when she was about to give up. That’s alchemy. She’s an alchemist. We’re all alchemists but we’ve forgotten how to use our abilities.
Sometimes we use our power unconsciously because it’s a part of our nature. We use our power but can’t recall how it works. We believe that someone or something else is responsible when the outcome is in our favor. So, we downplay it as coincidence, luck etc.
We externalize our power instead of acknowledging that it’s within us. We allow people, circumstances and other outside influences to gain control of our feelings. This throws the spirit off because it’s been pushed out of the driver’s seat. It’s not used to being a passenger. I either lost you there or you’re following me.
You may be able to think of more but I can guarantee at least two takeaways from this:
- No situation is permanent unless you choose to make it permanent.
- Sometimes you break because you need to in order to become what you were meant to become.
Love and light,
Just a helpful reminder that has become quite useful for me lately:
Before you speak, ask yourself three questions:
Is it true?
Is it necessary?
Is it kind?
If not, it’s wise to keep quiet and continue to observe. It’s never been a bad idea to be highly observant. Remain vigilant of everything and be mindful of what is being said, done, and most importantly how things make you feel. We cannot control what goes on externally but we have total control over our inner peace. Be protective of your inner peace. Keep watch over it the same as you would your most prized possession. If people are uncomfortable with your silence, then let them. You don’t have to feel compelled to do anything against your will.
Love and Light,
Happy new year and new beginnings to all! I hope your new year is getting off to a positive start! I can confidently say that I prepared for 2017 during 2016 (and prior) by changing my thought process and putting in work accordingly. Mantras have helped me tremendously in my life journey particularly on a spiritual level. I now don’t feel a need to make new year’s resolutions and have given up the whole ideal that I’m going to miraculously be a “different” person in the new year. Instead, I take it one day at a time to do what I need to make the best of life.
I cannot stress enough how changing the way that I think has impacted my overall outlook on everything. Less focus on things I cannot control and more focus on what I can control while understanding that thoughts do have power…Words do as well. So, for a boost of inspiration, I thought it would be fitting to start off the first week of 2017 with mantras that help you reach a higher level of consciousness. The mindunleashed shares 10 mantras that will get you immense peace of mind, spirit, and energy. All of these mantras have played a major role in my spiritual growth and all other areas of my wellbeing.
Love and Light,
Yesterday, I mentioned moon rituals but those aren’t the only rituals that I do. I have quite a few which change from time to time but they keep me grounded. I’m not sure about you but my body loves routine and I can go so far as to say that it needs routine. It’s also ideal for a routine to stimulate each of your senses. It’s important to take the time to jumpstart your senses before using them. If not, your body may not function properly and your body can be thrown off balance. Alignment is key to overall health.
I am a music person so I like to use analogies that reference music. So, I like to refer to “getting in alignment” as “setting the rhythm”. For the past few years I’ve tried different ways to “set the rhythm” for the day upon opening my eyes. The “rhythm” can be different each day but as long as it’s in tune with your spirit that’s all that matters. Here are some of my morning rituals which stimulate my five senses.
- SOUND: I wake up to music or play it in the morning while getting ready. If I have time, I listen to a motivational podcast or other audio which is in tune with my rhythm. I have also set my alarm to play a song with soothing vibes and/or a positive message. Great way to wake up. Typically, I don’t need an alarm but when I do I prefer music as opposed to some annoying, loud basic alarm.
- TOUCH: To prep my physical body, I stretch for a few minutes to warm up my muscles and wake up my body before getting up and moving. Nothing major. It can be as simple as taking a few deep breaths and stretching your neck, shoulders, back, arms, and legs. It helps you to notice any physical sensations (comfortable and uncomfortable) and increase body awareness.
- TASTE: Hydration is key. Before or after showering and brushing my teeth, I drink a tall glass of water with a squeeze of lemon or have a cup of matcha green tea. Sometimes I steam water and add lemon. Either way I have something to stimulate my internal organs at some point in the morning before eating anything. Why? I just spent from six, seven, eight or more hours without eating or drinking anything. The body needs fuel. Your body needs to replenish and regenerate itself. Water helps to give it that push.
- SMELL: There are many ways to do this but here are some of my favorite ways to incorporate sense of smell to my morning ritual. I burn incense or inhale some of my favorite essential oils like tea tree, peppermint, or lemongrass. Sometimes I also use lavender oil because it’s calming. I also apply topically by mixing one to two drops of an essential oil into about 2 teaspoons of sweet almond oil. Then I massage my neck and shoulders (sometimes my back). There are different essential oils that can be used for different parts of your body i.e. pressure points to relieve certain ailments or for prevention purposes. I also use a diffuser that uses a tea light to generate heat which disperses the fragrance in the air. You can also use your favorite all natural scented body wash or salt scrub if you prefer.
- SIGHT: Lastly, I meditate for at least 10 minutes using a lit candle or a himalayan salt lamp as a focal point while I take deep breaths. Eventually, I may close my eyes while envisioning the light from either source as my inner light. Both are reminiscent of that ball of light within myself where inner peace lies. The light can also represent my higher being and the fact that my higher being is always within to keep me centered. Crystal stones have healing energy, are beautiful to look at and embody the light energy that helps me maintain a connection to nature i.e. vibrating higher. Crystals can also be used during meditation.
These are just some of the practices that have worked like a charm to help me set my rhythm for the day. Anytime I get thrown off I remind myself of that inner light. This may seem like a lot for some. Do what you can and follow your intuition. We really need to learn how to connect to our higher selves more. It doesn’t take an hour or even several minutes. If you only have five minutes it’s better than nothing. If you don’t have five minutes, that’s a whole other problem to address. What do you do to set your rhythm for the day? Do you practice morning rituals?
Love and Light,